Sunday, October 2, 2011

Drawn

My attraction to an artist's work is usually the result of them not fearing the very things I fear. These artists don't agree with my fears or limitations. They see an opportunity where I see a roadblock, they see freedom where I see restriction. These inspirers see differently and when I see their work I am driven to find my own fearlessness as they have found theirs.

When I realized these things a few weeks ago I realized how far reaching that realization reaches. Maybe these attractions are one way for us to discover a necessary direction. I am drawn to lighting and temperatures right now but you know what? I've felt actual fear in the fact that I don't know much about them. Choosing to perceive that fear as attraction and a necessary learning has made me feel more fulfilled as a photographer. Ah perspective! A gift from the gods.

Fearless folk:

No comments: